Forest Management Technician – Position filled
We are currently seeking a Forest Management Technician to join our dynamic team.
- You are a respected leader and will deliver a well-coordinated forestry program to a diverse group of forest industry operators.
- You will provide support services to harvesting and silviculture operators such as compliance monitoring, reporting, and environmental, health and safety training.
- You will manage silviculture programs and contractors and get our projects done on time and on budget.
- You will evaluate projects and performance on an ongoing basis and determine new and innovative ways to deliver quality services at lower costs.
- You will represent us well to our clients, to the government, to the public and other organizations.
- You have a college diploma or degree in forestry, however post secondary graduation in an associated discipline with related work experience will also be considered.
- You have a Forest Operations Inspection Program Certificate, or the ability and experience required to obtain one in the province of Ontario.
- You area able to travel and work alone in remote locations, and to endure extended periods of time in a helicopter.
- You have demonstrated experience in GIS applications and office software.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
This position can be based out of our Englehart office or from a satellite location.