…the opportunity to join an innovative high growth company whose technology is already embraced by the Canadian marketplace
First Resource Management Inc., in conjunction with a renowned remote-sensing university researcher, has developed a leading-edge remote sensing and patent-pending solution, SkyForestTM for the Forestry industry . We need a geomatics expert to create and lead our geomatics team. The first frontier is Canada ….next is the world!
• Produce SkyForestTM data products for customers across Canada, accurately and on-time
• Select and process aerial and satellite imagery that meets client needs
• Process imagery into point clouds, digital surface models, and other derivative products
• Figure out what steps are needed to solve image processing problems related to client needs and establish processes to perform these steps
• Resolve client specific issues with their technical and forestry staff
• Build our geomatics team as we grow.
• An inquisitive mind…we’re doing things no one else has done before. Also means you have to be a great listener to be sure you understand what our clients want
• An expert who appreciates the value of team….a team whose been managing forests for decades
• A juggler….our customers are excited by the possibilities of SkyForest™. But there are a number of them….and they all want their results now!
• Details….details….you have to deliver in minute, accurate detail
• M.Sc. or equivalent in geomatics, remote sensing, or physical geography with a strong GIS component
• Ability to apply commercially available and/or open source image processing software solutions and geographic information systems, including ARCGIS
• Competency in statistics including multiple regression, exploratory data analysis and use of the R statistics package
• Ability to develop queries for relational databases
• Python programming
• Fluency in English. French is an asset.
<-- Send your resume and a maximum 150 word letter that says why you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org . –>
<-- Posted: October 9, 2015. -->